Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Me, New Blog

Since everyone and their DOG is blogging -- so am I...starting now! This blog will pretty much contain details about my life - personal, professional...you name it, chances are I will include it.

Here is the kicker: I can honestly say that there are things that have happened to me (most of them being HILARIOUS things) that most people cannot say have happened to them or anyone else that they know. So...this will be your daily dose of entertainment that is my life.

I will start by discussing my latest dating experience. Being single for a couple of months now, I have decided to go back on the website that I on when I met the last man that I dated and take another stab at it. Now, I know I am only 24 and you are probably thinking, "Why in the WORLD are you on a dating website when you are young and should be out having fun??" Well, that is precisely the problem: I do not really go out all that much. First of all, too expensive. Second of all, the kind of guys that a girl can find at the places she 'goes out' to are usually the kind of guys that are all, "Of course I will call you tomorrow and I promise to also lasso the moon for you and make you so happy you will think you are singing with the angels in heaven on a daily basis," and then, they never call. So here I am, on this dating website, and I meet a guy that I think is great -- he is not TOO good looking, but adequate. He is nice and compliments me and is a good conversationalist. We meet, we have a great time and even after this we talk for several days during which he tells me how much he loves to be around me and can't wait to see me again and he misses me. Then, no more than 12 hours later, he is ignoring me. Nothing has been said...nothing has changed...but all of a sudden, nothing. WTF? Seriously? Guys, here is a tip -- if you don't like a girl, BE HONEST. Just like you like it when a girl is straight up with you, we appreciate the same sentiments. Unless he is in a hospital or involved in some sort of crime, he has no excuse.

So I pose this question: why tell a girl all these great things when you have no intentions of never seeing her again? Our feelings won't be hurt (okay, some feelings MAY be hurt) and you will actually be doing us a FAVOR -- we no longer have to WASTE our time on someone who isn't that into us.

Is that so hard? I swear, men are what make the dating work so impossible. You don't like us? Put on your big girl panties and deal with it...TELL US.

I digress. Back to processing insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment